Using and Configuring Amazon Echo/Alexa
Enabling the Garageio Skill
Before you can speak commands to Garageio using Alexa, you must enable the Garageio skill. To enable the skill follow these steps:
- Open the Garageio App.
- Go to the My Account screen.
- Underneath Account Settings, go to Integrations.
- Choose Amazon Alexa.
- Choose Continue.
- Set your Pin Code and re-enter to confirm (if you’ve already set your Pin Code, enter it now).
- Within the Alexa Companion App or Alexa Dashboard, go to Skills and search for Garageio.
- Enable the Garageio Skill.
- Enter your Garageio account email and password.
- Choose Allow.
- Ask Alexa “Alexa, ask Garageio if any of my doors are open.”
*Alexa now requires that you provide a Pin Code any time you want to open a garage door using your voice.
The Garageio integration with Alexa gets smarter every day. Before you can link your Garageio to Alexa, you must first enable the Garageio skill (see Enabling the Garageio Skill). To open the Garageio skill, say:
“Alexa, launch Garageio”
Here is a mostly complete list of commands:
- “Alexa, ask Garageio what the names of my doors are” – get the names of your doors
- “Alexa, ask Garageio for help” – Get helpful information
- “Alexa, tell Garageio to close my door” – Close an open door
- “Alexa, tell Garageio to open my door” – Open a closed door (requires a Pin Code)
- “Alexa, ask Garageio if my door is open” – Check if door(s) are open
What is Amazon Echo/Alexa?
Amazon Alexa is designed around your voice. Its far-field voice recognition hears you from across the room and lets you control your connected home devices without lifting a finger, Garageio included! It’s always on — just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. Alexa begins working as soon as it detects the wake word (either “Alexa” or “Amazon”). Connecting Garageio to Amazon Alexa is quick and easy. Click the Setup button below to get started!